If any of you create mandalas, Oliwia Gajda would appreciate your help. Please read her letter below. Please note that her deadline is August 15, 2011. Select seven questions from her list and write responses based on your experience and philosophy regarding mandalas.
Thanks in advance for helping Oliwia with her Master’s Thesis on the Mandala. Send your responses with your name to her e-mail address: [email protected]
I am a student at Jan Kochanowski’s University in Kielce, Poland. I am now finishing my 5th year of Fine Art and I’m writing my master’s thesis on the mandala. I’m writing to you, because I would like to contact contemporary artists who create mandalas, and ask for permission to use the information provided by them in my work. I’m enclosing a short questionnaire, which you can answer via email.
I look forward to hearing from you,
(Please select seven questions to answer from the list below)
1. When did you create your first mandala?
2. What motivated you to choose the mandala as a form of expression?
3. How did you find out about mandalas?
4. How would you describe the meaning of the mandala in contemporary times?
5. What does the mandala mean for you, personally?
6. What do you think is specific and unique about the mandala?
7. Do you agree that mandalas can have a therapeutic effect?
8. Do you treat the mandala as a way to express your spirituality?
9. How would you describe the message that is hidden in the mandala?
10. Could you point out a person who you call a role model or a master?
11. What is your source of inspiration? 12. What do you consider to be your greatest artistic accomplishment?
Deadline August 15, 2011.
“Great Wall Medalllion” fiber art 26″ x 26″
July 27, 2011:
Here is my response to Oliwia Gadja about my mandala experience with “Great Wall Medallion.”